This has not been the most exciting week, however it definitely had it’s high points. Here’s my High Five for Friday, stay tuned tomorrow when I’ll be writing about the book: Good to Great by Jim Collins and finding your focus.
1. Even though Justin had been sick for over a week with bronchitis, a sinusitis and a reappearance of his pediatric asthma he was able to go back to work this week. He spent about 7 days feeling awful so it was good to see him up and moving around.
2. On a whim this week we rearranged some furniture and I accessorized our guest room. The furniture in the living room all went back pretty much EXACTLY where it was originally, where it will stay until Justin can find some man muscle to help him move the love seat from the basement to the living room and the couch to the basement. I have been procrastinating on setting up our guest room, mainly because I thought I needed all kinds of new stuff for the space and I didn’t want to spend the money. Instead, I went around the house looking for pictures, decorations, furniture and things that didn’t really have a place in the rest of the house. I also took out the sheer curtain liners from my office to put in the guest room so we FINALLY have some sort of curtains up in the room.
As I stood in the doorway of our newly decorated guest room all I could think of was the episode of Friends where Rachel has to move in with Monica and Monica says “You’re the first guest at Hotel Monica!” – I now have my very own Hotel Monica!
3. At work I am my team is part of a larger community engagement team and at our quarterly retreat we spent some time at Go Comedy in Ferndale. I will admit I was not looking forward to going, I am not the “get up on stage and act crazy in front of your co-workers (including your boss, director and vice president of the agency)” but I was pleasantly surprised. I had a lot of fun and will even steal a few of the ideas for the next time I am lucky enough to facilitate a workshop! It goes to show you – if you push yourself outside of your boundaries every once and a while you’ll have the chance to be a part of something different and beneficial.
4. This is very random, but I have been using Sheer Blonde shampoo (thanks Laura) and it has really made a difference in making my highlights last longer. I’ve been asked several times if I’ve gotten my hair done. Nice! Now, if only there was a shampoo to cut and style my hair…
5. I was lucky enough to spend the afternoon with my mom today. We rarely get to spend time just the two of us so we had a very yummy lunch and made a quick stop at the mall. It reminded me how lucky I am to have the family that I do. I have parents that support me no matter what and a sister that makes me laugh and listens to all my problems and craziness. It was a good day.
So there it is – my high points for the week. Thanks for reading!
Linking up with other bloggers for High Five For Friday – see their posts here.