I was nominated for this award by Making Time for Me – Thanks Steph!
I’m not entirely sure what this means, but awards are fun! I’m hoping this will connect me to other people out in the blog-isphere and encourage me to keep up some momentum in my writing. I am new to reading and following other bloggers so I may not have 5 to nominate, but I’ll give it a whirl!
Here are the Rules:
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award!
- Answer the 11 questions that the blog gives you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you think are deserving of the award that have less than 200 followers.
- Let the bloggers know you nominated them.
- Give them 11 questions to answer!
Here are Stephanie’s Questions for me:
1.What do you feel makes a successful blogger?
I would say, actually keeping up with content and writing while engaging the audience I have. I try really hard to make sure the content is something that people can relate to, but also personal. If I feel good about what I wrote and I see some views in my stats I consider that a success!
2. What is your favorite Movie?
Hmm…that’s a good question. I’m more of a TV person so I could give you a full list of my favorite shows, but I’d have to say my favorite movie is Dirty Dancing. I loved it as a kid and feel all sentimental now watching it as an adult.
3. What one piece of advice would you give to a new blogger?
Be you. Write what you like and about what interests you. People will read it, or they won’t but be happy with what you put out there either way.
4. How many blogs do you follow?
I just started following some blogs, I’ve always used blogging as an outlet for myself so reading other people’s stuff is relatively new. I’d say there’s right now less than 5 that I follow.
5. Do people in your “real” life know that you blog?
Yep! I share all of my blog posts on my personal Facebook page.
6. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I would be happy to just spend a month traveling around northern Michigan, but that’s my hermit answer. My other answer would be taking a cruise around Europe – specifically Greece.
7. You can meet any other fellow blogger, who do you choose?
I actually really love both Lauren Elizabeth and Kate – they are sisters, have great style and have turned their blogging into profitable businesses. While I’m not the super girly girl, I like following their posts on social media and their blogs.
8. What is your favorite color?
I’m going to go with green – some days it’s purple, but mostly green.
9. Did you play any sports growing up? If so, what?
No sports, I took dance classes from the age of 3 until I was 18. I “played” softball one summer…that’s using the term “played” very loosely.
10. What country do you live in?
11. How do you support the blogging community?
That’s an awesome question – not sure I do at this point! I’ll have to think about that as I plan on how to move forward.
11 Random Facts about Me:
- I’m a habitual Netflix binge watcher. I can watch the same shows over and over again. (New Girl, The West Wing, Grey’s Anatomy, One Tree Hill, Gilmore Girls, Dexter, Brothers & Sisters…)
- I have two cats and a puppy – Gus Gus, Allie and Bruno.
- I have been with my husband for almost 13 years.
- I have been obsessed with watching and reading about the 2016 Presidential race.
- I share way too many pictures of my pets on Instagram.
- I have recently started trying different craft beers – my tastes are growing but I’m still prefer my fruity beers.
- New notebooks, pens, and planners make me far too excited.
- As a young adult talking in front of large groups of people terrified me. I’ve now come to love facilitating trainings and workshops.
- My weird quirks and anxieties have gotten worse with my age. I HATE shopping malls or even big department stores.
- I am convinced I would be an AWESOME co-host on The View.
- I would love for someone to just hand me a check and tell me to go spend all of my time and money crafting, drinking beer and netflixing.
I don’t know if I am at the point of knowing enough bloggers to nominate anyone for the award, HOWEVER I’m going to stick to nominating someone at a later time once I get a sense of who’s out there.
Thanks again for the nomination, Stephanie!