It’s been a rough two weeks, there’s no denying that. For the majority of the week I was just trying to keep it together. Even in the middle of the rough, there are little things that kept me happy or at the very least put a smile on my face throughout a week of some serious craziness. So, HIGH FIVE for Friday!
- On Tuesday we got a little bit of snow in the morning, we’ve had such a strange winter and the additional powder IS NOT one of my little things, but that additional powder inspired a need for hot chocolate in my boss so I was able to start my day at Starbucks and I still had a gift card left from my birthday so I felt very trendy on my Tuesday morning.
- If you don’t know what Kanafeh (or canafa) is. I’m telling you, do yourself a favor and find some. A friend this week brought me some Kanafeh from our local Lebenese bakery. It’s cheesy, gooey, sweet, warm, deliciousness.
- I was really taken back by the outpouring of comments after I posted The New Normal yesterday. I’ve always struggled with a way to only tell MY story. Justin’s story is not mine to tell and treading that line has been hard in the past. I was happy that inspiration struck and I was able to find a way to write about it. I had no intention for it to be read by that many people or to serve as some sort of announcement of his lymphoma recurrence. I was honestly a little embarrassed. But the comments, views, emojis, and good vibes were nice to see. Thank you.
- Over the weekend Justin came down with a rather disgusting version of the stomach flu and his stomach took a while to get back to normal. Last night, after I got home from work he asked if we could have spaghetti. I had been waiting to re-make my mozzarella stuffed turkey meatballs all week and was so excited to not eat eggs for dinner again that I jumped up and ran to the kitchen!
- As if you didn’t think I was nerdy enough, this week I was playing with some of the settings on my phone and I ended up changing my morning alarm tone to “I Just Can’t Wait to be King” from The Lion King. Every morning when my alarm goes off I giggle and it makes me feel so dorky that I don’t want to hear it again – so far I’ve gotten up before 6:30am everyday. Maybe I’ve found the secret weapon to becoming a morning person?
- An extra one, just for good measure: I can’t believe my blog stats this week. Yesterday’s post: The New Normal became my most popular post ever, with over 200 views. Previously, my most popular post was My Grandpa’s Best Friday with 131 views. With over 270 views total so far this week and 4 new followers I’m pretty excited about the momentum that’s building! Thanks for reading!