It’s been a cold, dreary week in southeast Michigan. It’s made the last five days drag on like being shackled to a brick wall while trying to run a marathon. Today, it seems, that even though it’s a chilly 36 degrees outside, the sun is shining and the birds are flying around my front window. It’s a welcome dose of Vitamin D.
I opted to work from home today as I had no meetings on my agenda but a mountain of reporting due by the end of the day. I’ve been sluggish on my progress on these reports all week, we’ve moved to a new database for our program and I feel like an idiot trying to figure out how to run reports on this new platform. I’m gaining my ground and have actually found some awesome reports that will help me as I move forward as well. It’s shaping up to be a productive day.
Even though it’s been a quicksand filled week, here’s the top five!
- Monday was my monthly dinner with my mom, sister, and aunt. We went BBQ this week and I enjoyed a delicious steak, some potatoes, and some banana cream pie! It was just a few days before my mom’s 60th birthday so we celebrated too. Even though the way this restaurant celebrates is rather odd, we had fun! Mom was forced to walk into the middle of the restaurant, by herself, while a waitress yelled throughout the room for everyone to stop and say “Happy Birthday” to mom. She was mortified. We thought it was hilarious.
- Tuesday was thirteen years since Justin and I started dating. We tend not to celebrate that anniversary anymore, I’m not sure he even realized it was April 5th or that it had any significance. We “celebrated” by getting smoothies and wraps for dinner and going grocery shopping. It was a wild and crazy night.
- My mom’s actual birthday was Wednesday, Justin and I joined her and my dad for dinner at Chili’s. Dad and I both had the prime rib tacos and they were absolutely delicious! Apparently there was a lot of steak in my week! I wrote about my mom on Wednesday.
- We’ve been snacking on some Germack trail mix this week. It’s so delicious! Ours came from QVC, at Justin’s request, but I know you can get Germack products online and in some speciality stores. Get some.
- I don’t think I’d be doing this afternoon justice without making today’s sunshine part of my H54F. I’ve got two assistants helping me work through my reports and to-do lists, both of which are not holding up their end of the bargain. One is sleeping and the other is bird watching. Not a bad way to end a sluggish week!