My first full week of back to somewhat normal routine wasn’t quite as easy as I had anticipated but I can feel myself adjusting and gaining back some equilibrium. The nicer weather doesn’t hurt either. I’ve got a great top five to share this week, so without further adieu…
- I decided to participate in my first blogging challenge. I’ve been a bystander on several other challenges but this one just seemed like a great fit at the right time. I’ll be participating in the 2016 Kindness Challenge, hosted by Niki at The Richness of a Simple Life. This seven week challenge has a different focus each week – starting with Self-Kindness. How appropriate. Without realizing it, I had already written my first post for the challenge on Monday by talking about focusing on gratitude in the middle of a stressful time. I have been trying to focus on continuing that concept throughout my week and being mindful of my mood and emotional state. Self-Awareness to promote Self-Kindness. Check out Niki’s blog for more information on the challenge!
- Justin and I spent some time this week putting up our pictures and making ourselves at home. It has been so comforting to see our new space take shape. The living room went through the biggest transformation this week, I’m completely loving the new rug I found at Target, along with the wreath my mom made for the front door, our Ikea picture ledges, and most especially: the view from the picture window out front. Little by little this house is feeling more like our home and less like my grandma’s house.
- I am having breakfast with a friend I haven’t seen in a couple of years tomorrow. We’ve had to postpone three times in the last two months and I’m pretty excited to see her and catch up with my long, lost friend.
- I got a fresh haircut last weekend. It’s amazing what some highlights and chopping two inches off of your hair can do for a girl!
- I discovered, well, really I was introduced to, black bean hummus this week! It is delicious, spicy, and relatively healthy. I was completely prepared to hate it but I found myself obsessing over getting some to snack on this week. I made my own version, which didn’t turn out as I had expected, but luckily Plum Market had some that fit the bill.
And there you have it: my first full week back to the real world. Happy Friday!