First, I would like to thank the Academy…
Ha! Well, really, first I would like to thank Stephanie (Making Time for Me) for nominating me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, I am not entirely sure what qualifies me for the Sunshine Blogger Award, but I appreciate the shout out, especially considering I have been really trying to stay consistent with writing lately. So, thanks Steph!
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate other bloggers for this award.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
Questions from Stephanie:
- Are you where you thought you would be at this stage in your life?
- No, not exactly. I really didn’t have any idea “where” I would be by the time I was thirty one, it’s such a random age. I had no idea my kind of job existed before I was in the field and never really imagined I’d be living in my grandmother’s house waiting for my husband to go through a bone marrow transplant at the age of thirty two – I’m comfortable with I am, but is it what I thought? No, probably not.
- What is your favorite country to watch show up in your stats?
- Anything new! I was really excited when Sri Lanka and South Africa showed up in the last couple of weeks.
- What is one tip you have for bloggers?
- Figure out why you’re blogging and make sure you really want to remain consistent. If you’re doing it for yourself and don’t care who reads it then treat it like a journal. If you’re looking for the community aspect of it – you get what you give. People don’t know you’re out there unless you PUT yourself out there.
- How do you choose who to give awards to?
- I’ve never actually nominated anyone for an award that I have won. I just recently started being more active in communicating with other bloggers – I JUST might nominate a few in this post. I will probably look at the blogs I’ve read the most recently.
- What is your favorite Holiday?
- Thanksgiving. Without a doubt. There’s very little pressure, for me at least, on Thanksgiving. Just a lot of delicious food and laid back conversation.
- Are you spiritual/religious?
- This is entirely too complicated of a question for me right now. I grew up going to church, it’s how I met Justin, but recent life events have really caused some tension in my ability to believe.
- What is your favorite thing to do on a Saturday morning?
- Wake up early, drink some coffee, and sit by myself for a few hours.
- What is your ideal breakfast?
- Two eggs over easy, hashbrowns, and sausage.
- Did you go to your high school prom? Or if you haven’t had it yet, do you think
you will go?
- I did, in fact, go to prom. Twice. I went with Justin to his Senior Prom (I was a junior) and then we went to my prom, as a couple, the next year. Here’s a picture from Justin’s prom!
- Do you plan, write down thoughts, ideas or stats for your blog?
- I try to plan every post, occasionally I’ll write on the fly. I have a notebook just for brainstorming ideas, but also keep track of progress in my planner.
I have never actually nominated someone for an award before, I’m tempted to just shoot it right back at Stephanie, but I’ll try to not put us in an endless circle of the Emily and Stephanie show. For those that I have nominated, please know that I have nominated you because I have read something of yours recently that has resonated with me, that I have thought about after turning off my computer, and because I appreciate your work. I apologize if I break any blogger award rules, or if you were just recently nominated. So, without further stalling – EZFit, Not the Average Mama, The Richness of a Simple Life, Cinderzenablogs, and Plankful – Consider yourself nominated! I’m a little behind on my reading, so if you’ve already been nominated, feel free to skip it!
Here are your questions to answer:
- What is your favorite part of blogging?
- What’s one thing about yourself that you absolutely love?
- What is one skill you wish you had?
- If you could pick anywhere in the world to live, where would it be?
- What is your favorite way to destress?
- Use no more than five words to describe yourself.
- What is the blog post you’re most proud of?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What are you most looking forward to this summer?
- Tell me a joke!