Sometimes it’s the little things that keep me smiling and chugging along throughout the week. The odd, pointless, trivial, forgettable little things that just make everything slightly more tolerable. Here are the little things that gave my week some spark!
- My iTunes playlist “Drift” is one of my favorites. It’s a combination of some of my most laid back and calming music. It’s just upbeat enough to keep me interested and awake but chill enough to let me focus on whatever I’m working on. Rewind by Stereophonics was especially comforting this week.
- I met a friend for coffee this week to catch up and I traded in my usual late afternoon caffeine jolt for a Passion Tazo Tea Lemonade. It was perfect for the warm weather we’ve been having. And it’s a gorgeous shade of pink!
- There were 11 countries that read my blog in May. 11! I saw a few new ones as well. I was super excited to see the people across the world that have taken time out of their lives to read some of my thoughts and stories.
- While working in my office this week, for the first time in almost two weeks, I remembered that I updated some of the pictures that I have hanging above my desk. It made me smile to see the collection of faces that hang out in that space to remind me to stay grounded and that I’ve got some people (and animals) that I love.
- I love my NutriBullet smoothie blender. I use it daily to make a green smoothie for Justin, I’ll make myself an occasional breakfast concoction but I always hated the lid that comes with the blender cups. Last week I found a new lid on Amazon that has drinking spout (I’m not entirely sure what to call it…) with a cover. I was so excited to use it that I made myself a smoothie just to try it out!