Earlier this week Jess over at Not the Average Mama nominated me to continue the Happiness Tag. Jess is an amazing blogger and someone that I knew of, before I even realized who she was. Which is cryptic and odd, I know. I am proud to be a part of her blogger community and know that someday we will meet in real life and will be fast friends! Thanks for thinking of me, lady!
Five things that make me happy:
- Family: I am one of those lucky people that was born into a supportive, loving, and hilarious family. I am forever grateful for the family I was born into and the family that has grown around me as I move through life.
- Music: Music makes me incredibly happy. There are few things can calm me down and take me to another world like music can. I love that everyone can have their own favorite type of music, just because I love a musician doesn’t mean that you have to. It allows everyone to enjoy and appreciate the art without forcing me into a category.
- Friendship: I am a strong believer in quality over quantity when it comes to friendships. Just a couple of people that I don’t have to be guarded with, that I know have positive intentions, and care about me in a genuine way.
- Mornings: I am a classic introvert. I thrive on time to myself, not to isolate myself, but to process and recharge. Mornings have become my time to do that. I enjoy my routine and time to relax before going about my day.
- Writing: I wouldn’t be here if writing didn’t make me happy. Blogging has become a huge part of my life and I am incredibly grateful for this space, this community, and any writing talent that I may have.
Five songs that make me happy:
- The Who, Baba O’Riley
- Joshua James, Coal War
- Andrew McMahon in the Wilderness, After the Fire
- Bill Medley & Jennifer Warnes, (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life (Dirty Dancing Theme Song)
- Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers, Mary Jane’s Last Dance
For better or worse, I am always breaking rules in this blogging world. Instead of nominating specific people, I am going to nominate anyone that needs to take a few minutes to think about things that make you happy. Sometimes we just need to focus more on happiness and less on what is causing us frustration and stress. So, if you need some happiness in your life today – I encourage you to participate in The Happiness Tag!