I’m a little down today. Coming off of the high of a good day on Monday, I am feeling a little defeated, like I am working too hard to be positive. It’s taking too much effort to remain in a positive place while going about my day. Today I’m going to be needy, I don’t like to need things, and hate when people put the responsibility on others to fulfill their expectations, but today I am needy.
Today, I am going to need:
- Good coffee, possibly with something sweet inside.
- Some healthy food. I am feeling like crap lately.
- Seeing my people face-to-face. Email is not enough today.
- Comfy shoes. I am sick of my feet hurting.
- Laughs. Lots of laughs.
- Spurts of productivity, I want to hammer through my to-do list.
- Continued confidence in my plan for moving forward with this program.
- A win. It can be small, but I need a win.
- My hair to not look crazy.
- The random aches in my back and thighs to subside.
- My ID badge to not strangle me. I hate that thing.
- Some inspiration.
- And just a pinch of kindness.
I have control over most of this. Today it is up to me to push through and deliver for myself. Maybe I just need a pep talk, someone to remind me that I can get to the other side of the cloudiness.
I may not be able to do this for myself today, but if you are in need of a Tuesday Pep Talk, allow me:
You can do this. Whatever you are facing is not permanent. You are strong, you are smart, you are talented. You will bust through walls, and through your tasks for the day. Take a few minutes to breath, to regroup and keep propelling forward. Eat something delicious, but also something healthy. Get the giggles with someone, cry if you need to, smile at someone you might not normally interact with. Set a goal, tackle a problem you’ve been procrastinating on. Today is your day and you are in control. Go do you.
So what about you? What do you need today in order to feel successful on this Tuesday morning?